Monday, April 2, 2012

Finally

It was starting to look like it would never happen, too busy with work, then injuries, but finally I was able to fly. As you all know, because I'm sure I told you MANY times, I love paragliding. I love it so much that I annoy people constantly by talking about it, reading about it, and looking for places to do it. I'm sorry....but not really. I'm passionate about it, some might even claim fanatical, but its my hobby, my sport but also my therapy. I love being up in the air, once I land I'm thinking about the next time I get to go up. Maybe I have gone too far though, I had Kira, Adam and Danielle visiting this last week and we decided to go sky diving. I was excited for this new thrill but the day we chose to go happened to be the "perfect" paragliding day at Kahana. So the entire morning while everyone was nervously waiting to jump out of a plane I was anxiously waiting to leave because I wanted to go do something "fun". When you start feeling that jumping out of a plane is less exciting than your other hobbies you might have a problem. Now don't get me wrong, I had a great time falling from the sky, but flying was ten times better. Everything worked out in the end, we got the boring sky diving out of the way and I got a 30 min flight at Kahana. It was amazing and this video does not do it justice (sorry about the camera angle too) but I hope this helps people understand better why I am so devoted to my sport. Enjoy




1 comment:

  1. Only you could find sky diving for the first time "boring" but indeed you did. Glad you finally got to fly in Hawaii. Be sure there are more perfect flying days to come

    ReplyDelete