Friday, July 25, 2014

Adventures in AK

So much has happened recently, lets go over the past month:
  • Working at Home Depot (kinda hating life)
  • Kaitlin (my friend from Alaska) invited me up to hang out
  • Gave notice to work, flew out three weeks later
  • Arrived in AK drove directly to Prudohe Bay to jump in the Arctic Ocean naked on the solstice
  • For the next week I helped Kaitlin with various porjects
  • Started working as a deck hand on a halibut charter.
To say the least it has been a bit of a whirl wind tour. Now I live in a shed. No really, we keep the bait in here along with a huge pile of other random crap needed for fishing. I go out on the charter every day with six people all looking to catch a huge fish. 99% of the time we catch our limit of 12 fish. While motoring back to launch I fillet and pack the fish, then I clean the boat go back to the shed and go to sleep to wake up and do it all over again. It's not the most fulfilling thing I have ever done but it pays the bills (if I had any bills it would pay them).

1 comment:

  1. I think you're underselling the shed. It's a nice shed. You should post the pictures of it. It might even qualify as a shack

    ReplyDelete