Thursday, July 31, 2014

Will Work

For much of my adult life I have been concerned about where I will work and what I will be doing. To be fair I haven't let these fears get in the way too much but the thought of "how will I make my next dollar" has nagged at me. I have also had the tendancy to become bored or tired of being in one place for too long and because of this I have quite the list of past jobs:
South Lake Pizza - Cook, Driver, Manager
Kamma'aina Kids - Program Director
Holland America - Driver guide
Starbucks - Coffee Maker (not a Batista....we're in Murica)
South Hill Cycle - Bike Mechanic
LCI Kids Club Ansan - English Teacher
Wiley E Waters - White Water River Guide

This is not even half the list, a fact that I am both proud and a maybe a bit rueful of. On one hand I have been around the world, met tons of people and learned all sorts of interesting things. On the other hand I have a laughable 401k, no health care (besides the Affordable Care Act) and no real "home base" or connection to a place. For me, now, these two balance each other. I know some day in the future I will want more stability and direction but for now I am content to learn and experience all that I can, while I still can.

With all that in mind I am prepared to continue the odyssey that has gotten me this far. My goals are to 1 pay my meager bills and 2 continue to learn new things 3 have new experiences and meet new interesting people. These are pretty loose conditions for employment, and I'm hoping that you will be so kind to send some ideas my way.

Current applications:

North Slope Heavy Machine Opperator
2 weeks on 2 weeks off 12hour days $35 an hour plus benefits, flights, room and board all in Prudohe Bay Alaska! Not sure about this one but why not?!

Deck Hand on Sailboat
Several months and thousands of miles of sailing on a medium size ship for no pay but think about the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment