Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What to do?

Off to a good start this week, I could barely sleep I was so excited by the prospect of starting new projects and doing new things. Thus far this is how the week went:

I took a three hour course in coding at codecademy.com. Very interesting, I learned a lot about HTML and CSS, both are used to make websites.

Posted several adds on Craigslist requesting some one to teach me how to weld. Had a response offering lessons at a reasonable rate but not till mid October...super cool.

Contacted a local farm that raises rabbits inquiring if they would be willing to teach me about the slaughter and cleaning of the animals and to my surprise got a speedy response saying this might be a possibility in the near future. Side note the dudes name that I am talking with is Hawk...that's so awesome I can't even make it up.

I watched a TON of youtube videos on wet lay-up of carbon fiber, turns out it is exactly like making fiberglass parts (done that before) so I am going to go ahead with my first project! Start with something easy? Hell NO! I'm going to start with complex curves and tight tolerances. The first project I wanted to complete for the college course was to make bike fenders so that is what I will do on my own now. Yay for amazon.com, supplies are on their way!

I made an epic video of an awesome slip and slide we made a week ago. If your curious you can watch it here

Fun side note about resources. The internet is a beautiful place, there are so many free resources for learning practically anything, youtube for anything (I once rebuilt my motorcycles carburetor from a youtube video) Duolingo for basic language learning, Kahn academy for math science history programing and more, wikipedia for history (though at one time not very reliable now very accurate...though of course use responsibly)....and so many more! It is a very cool world we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment