Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

I have been asking around about the weather and all accounts have said Korea swings wildly from freeze your expletive off cold to unbearably hot. This past weekend was beautiful, so I spent it in my dark apartment reading. I am reading, Pillars of the Earth, and I can't put it down. I take the Kindle everywhere, even into class sometimes. We had tests this week so my work day was 2 minutes of giving directions then handing out tests and finally reading for the remaining 58 minutes. It was amazing.
I did pry myself away from my book long enough to go for a bike ride at sunrise with Jea Hye. I literally froze. I had ice on my gloves and hat, but then the day warmed up and I went to the park to try and join a soccer game. To my surprise the locals were more than willing to watch a white guy try and play. I ran about the field for two hours before admitting defeat. Most of the players took pictures with me before I limped away.
The weather and activities made me start feeling like this place was normal and almost like home. Of course, this being Korea, that feeling of normality was short lived. As proof of the defendants' (Korea) insanity I would like so submit into evidence exhibit #1.
Exhibit #1 is a picture of my 7 year old student named Ryan. This is his "Beat It Costume"

Exhibit #2 is a video of the 7 year old girls preforming their dance, mind you this is a 38 second excerpt from a 4 min performance.

From this evidence I believe it is obvious that this entire country is suffering from a.....I don't even know what to call it, but it is Crazy. Some readers may have noticed the lack of video evidence pertaining to my meager addition to this event. The truth is, I was Micheal Jackson, but I have yet to find a video, so until then you'll just have to take my word for it....and you aren't missing anything really.

3 comments:

  1. Admit it: you loved being Michael Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I so wanted to see my son do inappropriate hip thrusts and moonwalk.

    ReplyDelete