Friday, March 11, 2011

My New Everything

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
Oh David Bowie you lyrical genius! (pretty sure that is the first time any one has written Bowie and genius in the same sentence) Bowie had it right, time is changing me, but I'm not so sure about that "don't want to be a richer man" thing, otherwise he was on the nose. Truth is this post has absolutely nothing to do with me changing and becoming a different man/boy. It is more about me getting my new apartment, my new classes/schedule, and new happenings.
I am finally moved into my new apartment. I'm really happy with the place besides the mold, the creepy yellow wall, and the thermostat that went kaput. The Ansan Cribs video summed up all that there is to be seen, minus my awesome new art.
Found on the side of the road...My guess is the honeymoon is over.

As far as my new schedule goes it is a lesson in stupidity mixed with frustration and a little pinch of grueling death march. I now work eight and a half hour days 5 days a week. This might not sound that bad BUT JUST WAIT:
Those 8.5 hours are "in class time" so that translates to "8.5 hours of screaming children"
I have a "lunch break" 80 minutes into the day, and I tend to spend it at the computer trying to figure out lessons for the rest of the day, then we plow through the rest of the day with 5 min off between 80 minute classes.
And lastly my classes have been split in such a way that I now have 2 classes every 80 min block and that means more names, more weekly plans, more grades, more tests, and more hassles.
On the plus side I am making a boat load of cash  and I got to play Bananagrams the other day with one of my more advanced classes, though......
......I was feeling a bit frustrated at the time.




And as far as the rest of my life here is a quick overview via pictures (cause frankly it's easier than typing)

 Another less than good day spurred my creativity.

 On a lighter note, one of my kids shoes says "booby" hehehe

 Here is a portrait of me drawn by Ryan with the confusing title "Ryan is a william"

 An average "neighborhood" in Ansan

 A dead fish I found outside my front door.....Oh Korea

4 comments:

  1. your schedule is insane, man-- good luck with that.

    i'm pretty sure the shoe that says "booby" is the best "englarism" i've seen... i love tracking these things down. i've spent more than one class wondering why one of my 11th grader's shoes says "butter."

    -katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture, of the fish. It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they have any boobies in my size, I'd like a pair. I like boobies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to cut your hair now that you're Mr. Moneybags.

    ReplyDelete